1. TV shows love holidays and they make great great episodes about them. I love all of the FRIENDS thanksgiving episodes, they are my favorites ever, but My So-Called Life’s Halloween episode is the best out there. Sure, the Pretty Little Liars have Halloween episodes and they are great, but no TV series compares with the quintessential show for teenagers. My So-Called Life is a piece of art, the writing is especially great and the best episode is, of course, the Halloween episode (actually, it’s really hard to pick one).
The costumes were out of this world or anything, but can we talk about Angela’s costume? The cat eye glasses and the lime button up sweater. Oh, dear… it almost made me want to change my Halloween costume.
2. I have not finished Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan). The anime.
3. Homestuck is on a huge pause again and the next update is going to be the final update. I kinda like that.
4. Did you know there’s a thing called bubble tea? Where can I get one? How do I make it at home? I so want to try it!!
Yes, this Random Monday was more of a “let’s talk about how great MSCL is and then add three short other things”, but that show is really great, ok? Did you watch it already? What are you waiting for?
This Geeky List might be a little bit too heavy on TV shows, but I do watch a lot of those so… there might be one or two in every Geeky List. I actually wonder which Geeky List won’t have a TV show… But, yeah, let’s begin:
- The most exciting one is… *drumrolls*… *moredrumrolls* HOMESTUCK is back! Last time I talked about Homestuck I was pretty sad because of the “MEGAPAUSE”, but guess what, the megapause wasn’t longer than a couple of months or so and now it’s OVER! OVER! OVER, I said!! And a lot of things happened since the megapause ended. And I am loving it and want more updates. And, bark, bark!
- The TV shows I am into are… the ones returning this summer. I don’t know all of them because I keep forgetting to check for the schedules, but I have two I am really excited for: the fourth season from Pretty Little Liars and the sixth season from True Blood! As for the new shows from this season… I am only watching Twisted and so far I am not that impressed – it’s hard for me to warm up to new shows, especially those with teens and/or for teens (I have a deja-vu, did I already write that sentence?).
First thing to know: these shows aren’t perfect, but they are addictive! True Blood is weird, especially this season because we have Bilith, probably my new favourite character. True Blood is a show with vampires, but we are not talking about sparkly ones or cute sexy vampire brothers, though these vampire are pretty sexy… but at least they aren’t teenagers or in their twenties. Also, the show has a lot of sub-stories and a bunch of awesome supernatural creatures beside vampires. And… “I’m a fairy? How lame!”
The Pretty Little Liars has a really nice plot, but sometimes I feel like they don’t have the entire story, they just make it up episode by episode and that leads to a lot of plot holes and that annoys me greatly! But I still want to know who is A and the killer and other things, and the references to Hitchcock are pretty nice. Plus, the Halloween episodes are always great and making theories about this show is my new hobby.
Both shows are books adaptations but they are pretty different (like… maybe the first season is like the first book), but the True Blood books are awesome too and an easy fun read. I don’t know about the PLL books yet but I might start reading them soon.
- Dramione fan-fictions are my favourite fan-fictions to read (and probably the only ones I read) and redhead414 writes the cutest Dramione fics. They are post-Hogwarts and they also includes the kids: Harry’s kids, Draco’s kids, other kids. They are comfortable, funny and great bedtime stories. I recommend you read It’s All Uncharted because it’s pretty fun, this one also has an epilogue and a third part that focuses more on the kids – I only read the first two because I hate waiting for new chapters and the third one is not complete. And I also like The Request and I’m in the middle of it. The only problem with rehead414’s fanfictions is that the start is so great but then in the middle it kinda gets boring. Well, not boring in a really bad way, just… the conflict is evaporating. But it’s comfortable and cute anyway.
This is all for this list. As for the next Geeky List… it will probably have a lot of Sherlock recommendations.
I don’t even know how to start explaining how AWESOME this web comic is (it also had games and animations and music and more). But today is a special day: 4 years of Homestuck! And also the day I read 600 pages just to be able to watch/read/whatever the new update with my friends.
I sometimes read Homestuck when I am at Uni and colleagues ask me what it is… like seriously, is hard to give a proper answer to that question.
It all started with four friends trying to play a cool new game called Sburb. And then BOOM! No, seriously, you have to read the shit to understand it and I am afraid I will give you too many spoilers if I try to convince you read it. JUST READ IT! It’s great, spectacular, smart, witty, holly-shit-when-did-that-happen and adorable, cute, just insert words that will make you read it, really. READ IT!