1. TV shows love holidays and they make great great episodes about them. I love all of the FRIENDS thanksgiving episodes, they are my favorites ever, but My So-Called Life’s Halloween episode is the best out there. Sure, the Pretty Little Liars have Halloween episodes and they are great, but no TV series compares with the quintessential show for teenagers. My So-Called Life is a piece of art, the writing is especially great and the best episode is, of course, the Halloween episode (actually, it’s really hard to pick one).
The costumes were out of this world or anything, but can we talk about Angela’s costume? The cat eye glasses and the lime button up sweater. Oh, dear… it almost made me want to change my Halloween costume.
2. I have not finished Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan). The anime.
3. Homestuck is on a huge pause again and the next update is going to be the final update. I kinda like that.
4. Did you know there’s a thing called bubble tea? Where can I get one? How do I make it at home? I so want to try it!!
Yes, this Random Monday was more of a “let’s talk about how great MSCL is and then add three short other things”, but that show is really great, ok? Did you watch it already? What are you waiting for?
What better way to start blogging again if not with more randomness?
1. School starts today and I wish I had a backpack like this one. But I rarely wear backpacks to school since I don’t have much to carry in them. And the times I wear backpacks is when I need my laptop at me and I don’t thing the cute one can hold my Rory (Rory is my laptop’s name).
2. One month till NaNoWriMo… and my birthday.
3. We still don’t know anything about the season 3 from Sherlock. I am going crazy over here.
4. My Halloween recommendation for the Halloween month for you, anime lovers: Shiki (also Another!).
More randomness – I don’t think I’ll post them every single Monday. I do apologize for the lack of Otaku Sunday, Mom’s coming over – first time she visits this place – and I have to clean and stuff so no time for watching anime or reading manga.
1. Last Friday I went to the museum with a friend (who’ll soon move to Cluj too) and I found a piece of work by Mircea Cantor – it had nothing to do with the exhibition we were visiting, but it’a permanent work he donated to the museum. It’s similar to the one in the picture above (also made by him) only it says “cer variabil” (also the same thing, but in Romanian).
2. I am watching the final season from Dexter and while I do miss the normal Debra I can’t not be impressed by how well she plays this vulnerable fucked-up new Debra. Great job, Jennifer Carpenter!
3. I have just one episode left from the second season from Doctor Who – the one with the First Doctor – but I can’t watch it because Ian and Barbara are companions no more. I know they wanted to leave and that they are happy to be home and that they’ll get married soon (that happens in a comic with the Eleventh Doctor I think) but I STILL MISS THEM!
4. Mom’s coming over and she is a great cook, but she excels at cakes&sweet stuff. We are going to make Lemon Cakes because they are Sansa’s favourites. I found a lot of recipes on the internet, but we’ll probably make an original one. If I ever throw a Game of Thrones party (or go to one) I’ll bring Lemon Cakes!
5. I’ll talk more about this Friday (or Saturday or Sunday – yes, I am planning an Otaku Weekend, but I don’t promise anything) but my silly nose-theory turned out to be true (it wasn’t because of the nose part, but still). Anyway… it’s just a little thing compared to other things going on in the manga right now and I WANT TO KNOW MORE!
6. New Sims 3 game: Into the Future! I am really excited because I want to create the characters from the thing I am writing. The action happens “Into the Future” and by the time the game is out I hope my thing will be over – or waiting for a part II. I want to play with my four main characters – all girls, but very different not necessarily strong girls or role-modes, really, just normal humans.
7. I need more matching dishes. So far I have a Japanese bowl and a Japanese tea cup that fit and two red bowl with matching chopsticks.
It’s time for some randomness!
1. I love lemonades especially in the summer time, but most of all I love lemon water and since I returned from my holiday I only had lemon water. Plain water just doesn’t taste good anymore!! It’s crazy, I know, and lemons aren’t the cheapest right not but I can’t help it!
2. I went shopping today and got a lot of crazy stuff including creamy peanut butter!
3. I need to own MAUS by Art Spiegelman because sometimes I just feeling like reading it again and again.
4. I can live on strawberries forever!
5. I am in the mood for a thunder storm. I love rain, especially in the summer. I wonder if lemon water goes well with storms… especially in the summer.
6. On Saturday we had a vegetarian lunch cooked by Serj’s mom. That woman is the best cook EVER! Sorry Mom!
7. I miss watching Chihayafuru every week. I need the next season now! Or at least all the manga chapters translated.
8. On my holiday I went to the gym daily. I miss it, really, and I am not one who loves to exercise.
9. Yesterday we went to the Botanical Garden and in the Japanese Garden we found some turtles. They were adorable and really fast in the water.
10. I am looking for a job… as soon as I update that CV and start sending it. I am actually looking for anything and I kinda think being a waitress like Max would be fun.