Mada told me a couple of days ago that she misses my blog posts. That was really cute and adorable of her and it got me thinking. I also thought about the blog, a few days ago, while on the toilet… too many details? Well details are really fun. But let’s go back to the point I was trying to make… is there any point? I don’t really know.
So! In September I started this thing I saw on tumblr – 9 things to work on (because September is the 9th month, you know?) this month. And I want to continue in October too but finding 10 things is pretty hard and I was thinking about making this month just about one big thing – and it’s not Halloween! That’s when I felt the need to make a post on my blog about this and I remembered… oh, I used to have a blog!
I had a blog during high school and it was awesome, but once I left for college it just wasn’t the same. So I started new blogs and new blogs, but I think my relation with blogging changed. Also, probably my readers change and with my previous awesome blog I met people I am friends with today – first we were comment-pals, then pen-pals and now one of my pen-pals is in the town I am living right now and now we are real-life-pals. Can you believe that? I also met a more of my readers, one of them even spent some night in my house. I guess what I’m trying to say is that internet is awesome and having a blog was my way of making new friends. And that’s exactly what this blog is missing, I guess.
But maybe this should be the reason not to stop blogging, right? Oh, I don’t know. I feel like I am not making sense at all, but whatever. I might be back. I will try to write. Till then… I’ll be on tumblr.
Due to not feeling like writing long posts about stuff/ sorting and organizing my ideas/ summer laziness and stuff and because blogging takes time I decided to simply take a break from my wordpress blog. I am sorry, I guess. But I will still post like crazy on tumblr – and you can find anything there from the anime and manga from Otaku Sunday to other geeky stuff and, of course, my food journal.
Also known as the 2nd update. I planned on reading 15 books in 30 days. I didn’t. But I did finish 10 books and read a lot from other books. And I am disappointed because most of the books are children books. I love reading children books, but I feel like I might have cheated a little bit. Or maybe I didn’t. I can’t decide right now, sorry. But here are the books.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
- A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George R.R. Martin
- The Little Vampire (The Little Vampire #1) by Angela Sommer-Bodenburg – I already talked about these three books in the first update.
- The Little Vampire Moves In (The Little Vampire #2) by Angela Sommer-Bodenburg – The second book with the Rudiget, the little vampire, and Anton. In this one the little vampire has to move in Anton’s basement because his folks found out about his friendship with the human boy. And that’s not a thing popular with vampires.
- The Little Vampires Takes a Trip (The Little Vampire #3) by Angela Sommer-Bodenburg – Every time I read the books with the Little Vampire all I think about is how great the chapters are made. If you are (or have) a little kid you can read a chapter or two as bedtime story. They are great! In this one, Anton and Rudiger are going on a train ride and they have plenty of fun and a lot of adventures.
- Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman – I had a pretty rough start with this book because I was still during my exams period when I started reading it, but then I just couldn’t let it go! The second half I read it in like a night or so because it was simply lovely! The characters where great and I enjoyed the plot twists and all those little coincidences that made the story so fantastic.
- Celle qui n’etait plus or Les Diaboliques by Boileau-Narcejac. In English the title is “The Woman Who Was No More” but I prefer the French. Also, I am pretty pissed that my book used the second title which is not the book’s original title but the film’s. But the story was great no matter what title it had. It’s my second book by this author and the first one I read because of the film Vertigo. I guessed the ending of the book but it was still a nice reading.
- The Flowers of Evil by Charles Baudelaire – You might think reading poetry is cheating… but I am not a poetry reader and I rarely get to finish a poetry book. I am pretty stiff when it comes to poetry mainly because I just love stories and characters and poetry is mostly about different things. I could always read Poe’s poetry, of course, but it was hard to find someone else to appreciate as much as Poe. But I did and he’s name is Charles Baudelaire and his writings are so strong and beautiful that he made me prefer the sunset… and I thought I will always be a sunrise kind of girl.
- Peter Pan and Wendy by J.M. Barrie – I am ashamed I never read this story when I was a little kid. But I had tons of fun doing it now and I read it all in a morning from the sunrise ’till 7 am.
- 30-Second Theories: The 50 Most Thought-provoking Theories in Science by many authors – I devoured this book like crazy! I had a thing for physics (especially) in high school but in my last year I was to busy preparing for exams that I ignored Einstein’s relativity theories or quantum mechanics but now I can understand them as much as I need to know them for my personal interest. I also loved the illustrations from this book. They were simple, but really smart.
Well… 10/15 was pretty OK and I shouldn’t be so hard on myself for reading children books because I love them and I’ll read them anyway challenge or no challenge. As for the other challenge… I’ll just do it the next time because now I am pretty busy.
Since Tuesday I keep saying to myself: “Now you woke up so you can write a blog post” but things just come my way and I have to go there and do that and hug someone or help Mom or play games or go to the gym. Then I get home from being there, doing that, hugging, helping, laughing, talking, working out, eating and I am too tired to write so I say “It’s OK, I am going to write a blog post when I wake up!” And the funniest part is that I actually believe myself.
Now it’s Friday I am finally writing and this is happening just because I know how busy I am going to be after I publish this! I will go and meet with my personal trainer, well, she is my Pilates/Step Aerobic/Gym Ball trainer but she knows I am only here for a week so she makes me work out a lot and she takes me jogging and today we meet to talk about nutrition and stuff and then to do some more Step Aerobic. After this I will go to my best friend’s home because she is going to be back from Bucharest – where she lives and works this summer-, and I am going to kidnap her after I see and hug her mom. And then we will have a sleepover!
But guess what!! Last night I had a sleepover with three boys – oh, stop thinking about dirty stuff, we just played a lot of Cluedo, some Scotland Yard and a lot of Wii games. We tried to figure out the wireless network but failed miserably. We talked and had fun. Did I mention we played a lot of Cluedo? These guys loved Cluedo and I am glad they did because it’s an awesome game. We didn’t even notice it was morning because of their Cluedo enthusiasm. Oh, and I had to make the games with a printer and a lot of things because the board-games are in Cluj. But it was all worth it!
After tonight’s sleepover with my best friend I will go swimming (FINALLY!) and have a barbecue with my family and some family friends. Then on Sunday morning I want to see one of my dearest professor but it might not happen and then I will depart to Bucharest and I am FINALLY going to go to Mircea Cantor’s exhibition at MNAC (National Museum of Contemporary Art from Bucharest) and then I will do things with my other friends that are still in Bucharest… and that will happen until Wednesday early morning when I will take a train and go back in Cluj.
Since my Sunday-Tuesday is probably going to be a little bit hectic I will not write my Otaku Sunday on Sunday – but this is no news for you, guys. I will try to get it up on Monday because I’ll spend time with my best friend Mih and do you know who she is? You probably do since I mention her in almost every Otaku Sunday post. We might watch some anime or manga and I will probably have a folder with her recommendation only. If I don’t write on Monday then I probably tied her up and made her watch Game of Thrones again – it happened once! But fear not, I will do my best to post something on Monday and if I don’t I will just have to write two Otaku Sundays next Sunday (next Sunday as in next next Sunday when I will relax in Cluj).
After my trip is over I will try to write a blog post with details and impressions and I will definitely miss everyone – especially my Mom… and my cat:
When I first challenged myself to post at least three times a week during my holiday I had all this summer figured out: finish with the exams, go back to my parents’ home for a week or so, then the entire month of July belongs to me and it’s my writing month because of NaNoWriMo’s Camp July. Unfortunately you don’t always get what you want and now I am to my parents’ home and I have a lot of places to go and people to see (including Mircea Cantor’s exhibition!).
So… my NaNoWriMo project isn’t going as planned because I am away from the laptop for a lot of hours and I can’t write on paper because I am doing other stuff, but I can think and plan my story and I love it so far. Even if this NaNo Camp July turns to be a failure for me at least I have an awesome story that I love to write. I am also reading a lot because my holiday includes lots of car rides and there’s nothing better to do than to read.
As for my blog posting I will try to still post three times a week, but I won’t go hard on myself if things don’t go as planned. Sometimes, less computer time is better especially when you have a cute cat to spend time with!
I find it very hard to… just sit down, open the dashboard, start a new post and write. I have the ideas, I don’t have the time or that right moment when I am really in the mood for blogging. For example… yesterday I was pretty busy, then after I finished working on a thing for my Etching class I said to myself that after my shower I will just sit down, drink a nice hot mint tea (or any other herbal tea) and write. I took the shower, came in bed, opened the laptop and… fell asleep.
Also, this morning I was really really really in the mood for writing a blog post but I really had to go to Uni to work some more for my Etching class and to talk with the professor form Alternative Investigations in Composition and then to meet with my Graphic Design professor for the exam. From my house to my bus station I composed the prettiest blog post ever (well, not really) but then I came home, tired and grumpy, made some banana pancakes to make myself happy, some friends crashed our house and we drank some beer, then I went shopping with my hubby for ice-cream and other stuff.
Now I am even more tired and a little bit tipsy, hubby is cooking and I must finish some posters, work on the children book and get it read it for the print, and maybe, just maybe, do some more stuff for my Alternative Investigations in Composition class. And I am not in the mood to write the post I had in mind this morning, but tomorrow I won’t go to sleep that early and I hope I will make some time for you, dear blog.